Immunology North East is a regional group of the British Society for Immunology. We aim to promote discussion and collaboration between all those interested in immunology in the North East of England. Our members are largely based at one of many universities and hospitals of the region.
We organise a monthly seminar programme (term-time) with presentations from national and international invited speakers on all aspects of immunology. These seminars are a fantastic opportunity to hear from and meet many renouned immunologists. Tailored to suit a broad audience, students and staff find them highly informative and educational. Seminars usually begin at 4.00pm in Room 2.21 in the Research Beehive of Newcastle University, with refreshments available from 3.30pm. Members, particularly students, are invited to join the speaker for dinner after the talk.
Our drive to promote interaction and educate immunologists continues with Journal Club. INE Journal Club is a monthly lunchtime event based at Newcastle University but is open to any INE member. Each month researchers analyse and discuss a journal article of their choice, stimulating friendly discussion and the informal development of analytical skills. We are always looking for volunteers to present and would love to hear from anyone who would like to join in.
We keep all our members up to date via a mailbase and advise new members to join the contact list. Join our contact list.
- Chair: Sophie Hambleton (Newcastle)
- Secretary: Kevin Marchbank (Newcastle)
- Treasurer: Andy Knight (Newcastle)
- Journal Club Rep: Amy Anderson (Newcastle)
- Communications: Nicola Maney (Newcastle)
- Northumbria Rep: Steven O'Reilly (Northumbria)
- Durham Rep: Adam Benham (Durham)
- Sunderland Rep: Graeme O’Boyle (Sunderland)
- Student Rep: Gemma Vidal-Pedrola (Newcastle)
- Student Rep: Robert Usher (Sunderland)