Immunology North East is a Regional Group of the British Society for Immunology. We aim to promote discussion and collaboration between all those interested in immunology in the North East of England. Our members are largely based at one of many universities and hospitals of the region.
We organise a monthly seminar programme (term-time) with presentations from national and international invited speakers on all aspects of immunology. These seminars are a fantastic opportunity to hear from and meet many renouned immunologists. Tailored to suit a broad audience, students and staff find them highly informative and educational.
Our drive to promote interaction and educate immunologists continues with Journal Club. INE Journal Club is a monthly lunchtime event based at Newcastle University but is open to any INE member. Each month researchers analyse and discuss a journal article of their choice, stimulating friendly discussion and the informal development of analytical skills. We are always looking for volunteers to present and would love to hear from anyone who would like to join in.
We keep all our members up to date via a mailbase and advise new members to join the contact list. Join our contact list.
Seminar programme for 2021/22
Unless other stated, seminars usually begin at 4pm and are being hosted virtually via Zoom until further notice.
- Thursday 23 September 2021
- Wednesday 27 October 2021
- Thursday 18 November 2021
- Thursday 16 December 2021
- Thursday 20 January 2022
- Thursday 24 February 2022
- Thursday 17 March 2022
- Thursday 21 April 2022
- Thursday 19 May 2022
- Thursday 23 June - Newcastle University
Immunology North East run a lively journal club, which meets once a month. The dates for 2018-2019 are below:
- Thursday 21 November 2019
- Thursday 19 December 2019
- Thursday 23 January 2020
- Thursday 27 February 2020
- Thursday 26 March 2020
- Thursday 30 April 2020
- Thursday 21 May 2020
- Thursday 18 June 2020
- Thursday 16 July 2020
Please contact: Karin Engelhardt for further details on venue and the details of which paper is up for discussion on any given date.
- Chair: Kevin Marchbank (Newcastle)
- Secretary: Antony Antoniou (Northumbria)
- Treasurer: Andy Knight (Newcastle)
- Journal Club Rep: Karin Engelhardt (Newcastle)
- Communications: Fiona Cooke (Newcastle)
- Newcastle rep: Karin Engelhardt (Newcastle)
- Northumbria Rep: Hannah Walden (Northumbria)
- Durham Rep: Adam Benham (Durham)
- Sunderland Rep: Graeme O’Boyle & Jane Falconer (Sunderland)
- Student Rep: Gaby Barran (Newcastle)
- Student Rep: Nathan Simpson (Newcastle)
The BSI and the BSI's North East Immunology Group would like to thank Miltenyi Biotec, whose continuous support of the BSI Regional and Affinity Groups enables us to undertake our work.