Here you will find an array of various online resources for teaching immunology. These range from YouTube videos to articles and posters on key topics.
- Readable article from Nature on SARS-CoV-2 vaccines
- Readable article from Cell on science behind vaccines
- Useful poster with timeline of vaccines
- Glossary of immunology terminology
- Immunopaedia – useful resource for those who want to learn more immunology
YouTube video resources:
- Immunology in the gut mucosa
- Immunology wars: a billion antibodies – explains antibody diversity in a fun way!
- Immunology of the rheumatoid joint
- Immunology of the lung
- Immunology of the skin
- How vaccines protect us
Focus on Immunotherapy:
- What is immunotherapy from CRUK
- Immunotherapy information from NIH
- Scientific article with overview of Immunotherapy
Videos for specific laboratory techniques:
- Western blot - video protocol
- Western blot - theory and method
- Immunocytochemistry - video protocol
- Immunohistochemistry - video protocol
- Immunohistochemistry webinar
Immunology Wars is a new educational resource aimed at describing the basic functions of the immune system through the Star Wars movies. It was co-created by Dr Nigel Francis, who won the 2020 BSI Teaching Excellence Award, along with his colleagues at Swansea University Medical School. Immunology Wars is a new website and content will be appearing regularly, so please keep checking back to learn more.
In pictures: A day in the life of a vaccine researcher:
On Monday 27 April 2020 during World Immunisation Week, we took to Instagram for a virtual public engagement event to showcase a day in the life of a vaccine researcher in pictures.
The diverse range of scientists involved illustrated some typical, and not so typical, days which were all intriguing, interesting and informative. Here we share the images and expand on the stories they tell, introducing 19 vaccine researchers as we uncover an insider look on a day in their life.
COVID-19 vaccine playlist:
Immunology Teaching and Learning Tools Hub:
Swansea University Medical School has created this excellent teaching and learning resource hub around various topics including flow cytometry, lab safety & equipment and revision quizzes.