All British Society for Immunology events are currently going ahead as scheduled. We will continue to monitor and act on advice from the UK government and World Health Organization with regional input from Public Health England, Health Protection Scotland, Public Health Wales and Public Health Agency. Registered delegates, speakers and exhibitors will be updated directly via email if the situation changes. However, in light of the ongoing national guidance for the COVID–19 virus outbreak, the BSI requests that all attendees at our events adhere to the following advice:
Do not attend BSI events or seminars if:
- you reside in or have returned from visiting a category 1 country in the 14 days prior to the event. Full list of category 1 countries can be found here
- you have returned from visiting a category 2 country in the 14 days prior to the event and are displaying possible COVID-19 symptoms. Full list of category 2 countries can be found here, a list of symptoms can be found here
- you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms. A list of symptoms can be found here.
As a precaution we ask that all attendees at our events follow the recommended hygiene measures on how to stop viruses spreading. This includes:
- thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- avoid touching your face with your hands
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
We make these requests to reduce the potential risk to event attendees.
If you are unable to attend a BSI event due to COVID–19 (i.e. you are taken ill yourself or you need to self-isolate), you will receive a full refund of your registration fee. Delegates are asked to email the BSI events team at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw from the event or if you have any questions.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates if the situation changes. We look forward to welcoming you to our events in the near future.