These external webinars, run by other organisations bring together experts and research communities to discuss the latest developments in our understanding and management of COVID-19. We will update this page regularly, so if you would like to make a suggestion we can add to the list please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, inclusion on this list doesn't imply endorsement by the BSI.
External webinars from our Corporate Supporters
The following webinar series are being held by companies who are Gold Corporate Members of the BSI and are supporting our work on Coronavirus.
- 10x Genomics - Watch this webinar to learn about Crucial applications of Single Cell Gene Expression and Immune profiling for Infectious Disease Research. For more information and support resources on how 10x Genomics’ solutions have been applied to COVID-19 and related infectious disease research, visit our COVID-19 resources page.
- Fluidigm have a selection of virtual events and other resources available on their website. Now on demand: Fluidigm Infectious Disease and Oncology Virtual Summit. In this half-day summit, hear from a great line-up of speakers who are bridging technological innovations with real world applications for results impacting human health.
- Miltenyi Biotec - "The best remedy against isolation is our 'Immunology Pills' series of short webinars on key immunology subjects to help understand COVID-19 and other immunological responses better." More information on how Miltenyi Biotec is supporting researchers in their work on viral threats and Coronavirus is available on their website
- Nanostring continues to run a Virtual Learning Webinar Series covering topics including COVID-19 research and research tools to study Coronavirus. Two of the most recent include: COVID-19 host immune response research - Challenges & Solutions (presented by Joe Beechem, CSO, NanoString) and Exploring the spatial context of biological systems with Illumina sequencing (including COVID spatial research tools) (co-presented with Illumina). New webinars are added weekly, and all webinars are available on-demand.
BSI Partner organisations webinars
UK Primary Immunodeficiency Network (UKPIN) hosted webinar sponsored by Takeda: Primary Immunodeficiency and COVID-19. This expert-led webinar took place on 11 June focused on the current and future clinical implications of COVID-19 for Primary Immunodeficiency (PID) patients.
External webinars on Coronavirus
- Australian and New Zealand Society for Immunology have a new coronavirus series for non-scientific audiences.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science & Science: the AAAS and journal Science are hosting this webinar exploring what scientists are learning by using flow cytometry to study patients with COVID-19.
- Cambridge Institute of Therapeutic Immunology and Infectious Disease: a weekly webinar series covering the latest developments in biomedical research related to COVID-19.
- European Scientific Working Group on Influenza (ESWI) have an upcoming webinar series: Managing Influenza and RSV during the COVID-19 pandemic. Register now for the next session on Thursday 18 June, where former BSI President Professor Peter Openshaw and other experts review the Clinical manifestations in of COVID-19, influenza and RSV.
- International Union of Immunological Societies & Frontiers: the IUIS is collaborating with open access publishers Frontiers for a series of weekly expert commentaries and scientific webinars to accelerate the development of novel diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines for COVID-19.
- Kings Health Partners have set-up this webinar series for experts to share their experiences of managing COVID-19 patients.
- National University of Singapore: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is hosting weekly series 'COVID-19: Updates from Singapore' for clinicians, scientists, public health officials and policymakers to share insights into their field of study.
- Royal College of Pathologists: the College has launched a weekly series of online seminars, run throughout April, May, and June, that will look at COVID-19 and its implications and impact on pathology.
- Royal Society of Medicine: this webinar series is to provide healthcare workers on the frontline of the COVID-19 response regular and easy-to-access updates from healthcare leaders.
External webinars on other immunology topics or of interest to immunologists
- HelmholtzZentrum münchen - webinar series for the research community focusing on the big picture of science from the environmental health perspective.
- Milner Therapeutics Institute, University of Cambridge - Biweekly webinar series from academics and industry scientists highlighting advances in disease understanding and therapeutic approaches
- Society for Leukocyte Biology - a weekly webinar series providing timely and relevant scientific content from the field of leukocyte research and related disciplines.
- The Zuniga Lab at the University of California: Global Immunotalks - a weekly series covering a range of immunology topics.
- ImmunoMetNet - register for this weekly series covering the latest developments in immunometabolism.
- Immunometabolism 2020 Mini-Symposia Series