Following our call for nominations for upcoming vacancies on the BSI’s Board of Trustees and Forum, the following positions will be appointed uncontested.
- Professor Arne Akbar (University College London) will join the BSI as President. He will commence his term of office at our 2018 AGM at the end of the year.
- Dr Ann Ager (Cardiff University) will join the BSI as Chair of Forum. She will start her term of office at our 2018 AGM at the end of the year.
- Dr Divya Shah (Wellcome) will join us as a Trustee and start her term of office at our 2018 AGM at the end of the year.
- Dr Donald Davidson (University of Edinburgh) will join us as our Public Engagement Secretary, who will also commence his term of office at our 2018 AGM at the end of the year.
- Dr Matthew Buckland (Royal Free Hospital) will join our Forum as Clinical Representative (commencing summer 2018).
- Dr Elma Tchilian (The Pirbright Institute) will join as the Veterinary Representative on our Forum (commencing summer 2018).
- Dr Megan MacLeod (University of Glasgow) will join as the Scotland Representative on our Forum (commencing January 2019).
The BSI offers our warm congratulations to all the successful candidates and we look forward to working with you. You can read the full candidate statements from each individual in the members' area of our website and find out more about how they plan to represent your interests.
You must be logged in to the members' area of the website to access this.
The two new positions of Early Career Trustees and the vacancies for an England Representative and an Early Career Representative on our Forum will all go forward for election. Voting will commence on 3 April and close on 27 April. We encourage all eligible members to vote. Your elected representatives will make numerous decisions on your behalf about the BSI’s priorities and activities, so engaging with the elections genuinely does make a difference. You will be emailed more information on how to vote in due course, with further details available via our election portal.