We know that many of our members have had their normal research and activities interrupted by the Coronavirus outbreak. This page aims to act as a signposting service for where to find out more information from major funders and other relevant bodies, including funding calls for research related to COVID-19. This page also contains guidelines and resources from other organisations on the Coronavirus outbreak that immunologists might find useful.
We will update this page regularly.
Advice and guidance for research interrupted by the pandemic
Here, we list open funding opportunities that have been specifically launched to assist efforts to combat the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- European Commission: Research actions related to Coronavirus – this page lists a series of open grant calls
- National Institute for Health Research:
Other guidelines and resources related to Coronavirus
- Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE): Coronavirus (COVID-19) response – this page contains information on the scientific evidence that is being used to inform the UK Government's response to Coronavirus
- International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology/British Pharmacology Society – guide to pharmacotherapeutic research and development for coronavirus.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines – a series of regularly updated rapid guidelines for managing symptoms and complications of COVID-19, managing conditions that increase risk and providing services during the pandemic.
- UKRI have published a website called 'Coronavirus: the science explained' to provide accessible information for the public on the evidence and the facts about the virus, the disease, the epidemic, and its control.
- UK Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) have produced a series of 'rapid response' articles on topics including potential COVID-19 vaccines and school closures.
Webinars – Stay up to date with the latest developments on COVID-19 with expert-led webinars from the BSI and other organisations.