The British Society for Immunology is proud to offer a BSI Regional and Affinity Group Carers’ Grant to support members with carer needs in attending BSI Regional or Affinity Group conferences. The grant can be used to help cover the cost of care arrangements during the conference, for example, to look after children, or for additional care for the applicant themselves during the conference. This grant is open to all categories of membership.
- If the meeting is a one-day event, you can apply for up to £100
- If the meeting is a two-day event, you can apply for up to £200
If you are already in receipt of funding for support/care, please be aware of whether the BSI grant will affect this. This is your responsibility, and the BSI will not be responsible for any possible loss of funding that you already receive.
BSI Regional and Affinity Group conferences run throughout the year and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications must be received a minimum of three weeks before the first day of the conference. Applications will be processed in date order from when they are received, with a limited number of grants available for each conference. Early application is encouraged.
The maximum amount awarded through this grant scheme is £100 for a one-day conference and £200 for a two-day conference.
How to apply
Applicants will need to complete the application form below detailing the support needed and costs incurred. You can download an application form from the bottom of this page. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be up-to-date with their BSI membership subscription and have been a member of the BSI for at least 12 months. This grant scheme is open to all categories of BSI member.
- Applicants must register for the specific named BSI Regional and Affinity Group conference before the grant is issued.
Terms and conditions
- The grant must be used towards the costs associated with additional care for the applicant themselves or the people that the applicant cares for, i.e. not care that would be in place irrespective of the meeting.
- The grant is not limited to childcare and can include, for example, additional care costs for any dependent of the applicant, e.g. elderly relative.
- It should be noted that the grant is not intended to cover the full costs of care and applicants are encouraged to obtain additional funding from elsewhere.
- Applications will be processed in date order from when they are received, with a limited number of grants available for each meeting and with only one application per member allowed.
- The grant award will be up to a maximum of £100 per applicant for a one-day conference and £200 per applicant for a two-day conference.
- This grant is only available to aid attendance at BSI Regional and Affinity Group conferences which are advertised on the BSI events listings. It does not cover attendance to any local symposia series run by BSI Regional or Affinity Groups.
- An applicant may only be awarded one BSI Regional and Affinity Groups Carers' Grant within each 12 month period. This does not affect your ability to apply for a BSI Congress Carers' Grant.
- This grant should not be used to cover the normal travel and registration costs incurred by delegates in attending a conference. If you are looking for funding to cover this, please apply for a BSI Regional and Affinity Group Conference Grant.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Proof of registration to be received before the grant is paid.
- The BSI will pay all successful awards directly to your bank account.
- Please note that failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the Society to asking for monies awarded to be refunded and/or future applications denied.