The British Society for Immunology is offering special grants to cover the cost of registration to BSI members wishing to attend the 6th European Congress of Immunology (ECI) taking place online on 1–4 September 2021.
The application deadline has been extended until Sunday 25 July.
How to apply
Please email a completed application form to Sarah Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- All the Travel Award and Fellowship schemes operated by the BSI attract large numbers of applications. Awards are recommended by the Travel Awards Panel who assess the merit of the applications. In addition, the distribution of awards operates in favour of early career applicants in accordance with BSI policy. The awards panel’s decision is final and not subject to appeal
- Applications can only be assessed on the basis of the information provided. It is important therefore that all sections of the form are completed in full to provide the details required.
- The Award panel would expect any applicants participating in ECI, an official capacity e.g., having submitted or presenting an abstract or chairing a session. Whether or not an abstract has been submitted and/or accepted must be indicated. Copies of abstracts should be included, and it is essential that the presenter is clearly identified.
- The deadline for receipt is absolute and it is the applicant’s responsibility to get the completed form to the BSI on or before the deadline date. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for support.
- Only one application per person should be submitted. Application deadline: 25 July 2021.
- Conditions for eligibility are that:
- applicants must be up to date with their membership subscription at time of application.
- applicants must have been a member for at least twelve months before the deadline date.
- The Society’s aim is to support as many members as possible through travel awards. Applicants who have already received an award within one year of the deadline date will be scored accordingly to the points system.
- You need to send proof of registration at the ECI 2021 to us before we can pay out the award. This should be sent to email@example.com. Please note, if you do not send this to us, we will be unable to pay you the award. The BSI will then pay the award directly to your bank account by bank transfer we will be in touch at a later date for these details
- Recipients of Special Awards are required to submit a brief report (250 words maximum) on the activities carried out with the support of the Award. This should be submitted to the BSI Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 November 2021. Failure to do so will be taken into account with future applications.
- Successful recipients are also asked to acknowledge the BSI for their financial support on their poster and/or oral presentation as well as displaying the BSI logo. Logos are available from email@example.com.
- Funds are awarded on the understanding that they are used for the purpose stated in the application. If support is obtained elsewhere or any part of the grant is unused, the balance should be refunded to the British Society for Immunology.
- The Society will use information provided in the application for processing the application, making any consequential award, for the payment, monitoring, maintenance and review of the Award, and general Society business.