The British Society for Immunology is proud to offer our Summer School Carers’ Grant. The grant provides members with up to £300 to support them to attend BSI Summer School 2022 from Monday 11 to Wednesday 13 July at the Double Tree by Hilton in Coventry. The grant aims to contribute towards additional costs of care while delegates are attending the summer school. It can be used, for example, to look after children, or for additional care for the applicant themselves during the event.
We also recognise that some members may themselves have a disability and require support/care while attending the BSI Summer School. If you are already in receipt of funding for support/care, please be aware of whether the BSI grant will affect this. This is your responsibility, and the BSI will not be responsible for any possible loss of funding that you already receive.
Applications must be received by Monday 20 June at 23:59 BST. Applications will be processed in date order from when they are received, with a limited number of grants available. Early application is encouraged.
The maximum amount awarded through this grant scheme is £300.
How to apply
Applicants will need to complete an application form detailing the support needed and costs incurred. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be up-to-date with their BSI membership subscription and have been a member of the BSI for at least 12 months. This grant scheme is open to postgraduate (PhD, postdoc) members only.
- Applicants must register for the summer school before the grant is issued.
Terms and conditions
- The grant must be used towards the costs associated with additional care for the applicant themselves or the people that the applicant cares for, i.e., not care that would be in place irrespective of the summer school.
- The grant is not limited to childcare and can include, for example, additional care costs for any dependent of the applicant, e.g., elderly relative.
- It should be noted that the grant is not intended to cover the full costs of care and applicants are encouraged to obtain additional funding from elsewhere.
- Applications will be processed in date order from when they are received and with only one application per member allowed.
- The grant award will be up to a maximum of £300 per applicant for the three-day summer school.
- An applicant may only be awarded one BSI Summer School 2022 Carers' Grant and it does not affect your ability to apply for a BSI Congress Carers' Grant or BSI Regional & Affinity Group Carers’ Grant.
- Applications must be received by Monday 20 June 23:59 BST. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Proof of registration is be received before the grant is paid.
- The BSI will pay all successful awards directly to your bank account.
- Please note that failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the Society asking for monies awarded to be refunded and/or future applications denied.