The British Society for Immunology recently published our Diversity & Inclusion Framework outlining our commitment to collaborating closely with our members and community to raise the bar for equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in immunology.
To continue building a platform to learn and grow together, we are inviting BSI members to participate in our EDI focus groups and help shape our future work in this area.
Our aim is to engage with people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to enable us to better understand and represent the community’s needs and increase excellence in immunology.
We will run a series of focus groups to:
- Inform our upcoming EDI activities
- Provide a powerful voice on diversity policies and inclusive practices
- Establish an additional feedback mechanism to communicate emerging challenges and opportunities in the area
- Continue open and honest two-way conversations with our membership about what we do well and what areas we can improve on to better support our community
We want to encourage all members to consider taking part in this initiative, in particular:
- People from underrepresented communities
- People with experience tackling EDI issues, for example carrying out activities to promote diversity and inclusion in immunology
- Anyone keen to share ideas for creating a fairer, more inclusive immunology community
The upcoming EDI focus groups will take place online on Thursday 11 August (14:00-16:00 BST) and Friday 16 September (10:00-12:00 BST). You will only be required to attend one of these dates but please save both dates in your calendar.
If you’re interested in making a difference and supporting the Society’s mission, please email an expression of interest to email@example.com by Friday 15 July outlining why EDI is important to you and why you'd like to join the focus group (max. 200 words).