The British Society for Immunology (BSI) is delighted to offer these travel grants to eligible members to support their attendance at in-person BSI Regional & Affinity Group conferences.
BSI Regional and Affinity Group conferences run throughout the year and applications to this grant scheme will be reviewed on a rolling basis. There will be 10 grants available for each BSI Regional and Affinity Group face-to-face conference. Grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis to eligible BSI members. Applications must be received a minimum of three weeks before the first day of the conference but early application is encouraged.
The maximium grant is as follows:
- £100 for a one-day conference
- £200 for a two-day conference
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be current paid-up BSI members who have held membership for a minimum period of one year (two consecutive membership subscription payments). These grants are not available to non-paying categories of membership (e.g. undergraduates).
- Applicants should not have received a grant from this grant scheme in the preceding 12 months.
- Applicants must register for the specific named BSI Regional and Affinity Group meeting before the grant is issued.
How to apply
Please click on the link at the bottom of this page to apply online. A pdf copy of the application form is also available below so you can see what questions are asked on the online form. Email the completed application form to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
- You will be required to acknowledge the Society for their financial support on your poster and or oral presentation as well as displaying the Society’s logo (if applicable). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for this.
- Successful recipients are required to submit the following within one month after the meeting: receipts for travel, event registration, accommodation etc. up to award received.
- The grant awarded will be up to a maximum of £100 per applicant for a one-day meeting and £200 per applicant for a two-day meeting.
- An applicant may only be awarded one BSI Regional and Affinity Group Conference Grant within each 12-month period. This does not affect your ability to apply for any other BSI grant schemes, including the BSI Conference Travel Grant and BSI Congress Travel Grant.
- This grant is only available to aid attendance at BSI Regional and Affinity Group conferences which are advertised on the BSI events listings. It does not cover attendance to any local symposia series run by BSI Regional or Affinity Groups.
- This grant scheme involves funding travel and we expect recipients to adhere all relevant coronavirus guidance both from the UK and/or devolved nations as applicable.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Proof of registration to be received before the grant is paid.
- The BSI will pay all successful awards directly to your bank account.
- Please note that failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the Society to asking for monies awarded to be refunded and/or future applications denied