The Outstanding Contribution to the BSI Award recognises the contribution and impact of an individual who has been outstanding in their support for the BSI in the last two years.
This individual will have dedicated their time and expertise to one or more BSI-led or supported initiatives, furthering the mission of the BSI and resulting in demonstrable, significant impact for the Society and for immunology. The winner will have taken a collaborative and inclusive approach to provide an exceptional and notable contribution to the BSI.
In 2023, this award went to Professor Gary Entrican at the University of Edinburgh. Professor Entrican was a BSI Trustee from 2004 to 2007 and held the post of BSI Congress Secretary from 2017 to 2021. He played a key role in organising two in-person BSI Congress events, and oversaw the process of moving to an online event in 2020. He has also been a mentor on the BSI Mentoring Programme and was an active member of the BSI Comparative Veterinary Immunology Group. Read our interview with Professor Entrican here, where he told us what it means to him to win this award.
- Must be a current BSI member
- Must not be a current BSI Trustee, Secretary or Editor-in-Chief of a BSI journal
- Open to individuals working in all fields and sectors, including academia, the health service, industry, public bodies and charities
- Open to individuals only, based in the UK
Nomination and judging process
Nominations are now closed for 2023 and will reopen next year.
To read more about the BSI Immunology Awards and this year's winners, click here.
BSI staff will draw up a shortlist of suggestions after consultation with BSI committee members. This shortlist will be reviewed by the BSI Nominations Committee who will assess a number of factors including:
- Demonstrates a long-term commitment to furthering the mission of the BSI
- How the nominee has worked with the BSI on one or more projects over the last 24 months to bring about significant positive impact for the Society and for immunology
- Is seen as a role model and ambassador for the BSI
- Demonstrates a commitment to creating a positive and inclusive culture within projects led by BSI and the wider immunology sector
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in sponsoring the BSI Immunology Awards Ceremony, please contact our Head of Events, Jane Sessenwein at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details.