The British Society for Immunology's London Immunology Group is pleased to collaborate with the British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL) to bring you 'Basic to translational: Current concepts in liver immunology', taking place at 09:00 - 18:00 on Thursday 22 February 2018 at the Royal College of Anaesthetists in London.
This is a one day meeting on key themes in basic and translational liver immunology. You can download a copy of the full programme here.
- Myeloid heterogeneity in liver inflammation - Frank Tacke (Aachen, Germany)
Session 1: Lymphoid cells and the liver
- T cell function in chronic liver disease: immune exhaustion or reprogramming? - Wafa Khamri (ICL)
- Lymphoid cells and antiviral immunity: implications for immunotherapy - Patrick Kennedy (QMUL)
- MAIT cells in homeostasis and disease - Paul Klenerman (Oxford)
- NK cells dysfunction in chronic liver injury - Salim Khakoo (Southampton)
Session 2: Innate immune cells and the liver
- Basic myeloid cell biology and relevance in disease - Kevin Woollard (Imperial)
- Intrahepatic macrophage subsets in chronic liver injury: insights from experimental models of disease - Prakash Rhamachandran (Edinburgh)
- Role of myeloid cells in acute liver injury: immunopathology and translational implications - Lucia Possamai (ICL)
- Platelet–myeloid interactions in liver injury - Patricia Lalor (Birmingham)
Session 3: Novel concepts in liver immunopathology
- The role of hepatic endothelium in shaping hepatic immunity - Chris Weston (Birmingham)
- Harnessing immune responses for anti-tumour therapies: “On target effects”: Speaker: Sergio Quezada (UCL); “Off-target effects”: Speaker: Harry Antoniades (Imperial)
- Immune based therapies for hepatocellular cancer - Stuart Curbishley (Birmingham)
Session 4: Selected oral presentations
Along with guest speakers, we will have three oral presentations and posters to be selected from submitted abstracts. There will be an abstract prize for the best oral presentation. Please submit your 250 word (max) abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract submission deadline: Monday 18 December 2017
Early-bird rate (before 22 January)
|Regular rate (after 22 January|
|Student/concessionary BSI/BASL members||£20||£30|
If you have any queries, please contact the London Immunology Group.
Our thanks to the following companies for sponsoring this event:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb