This event is organised by the BSI South Wales Group.
This workshop on computational modelling and data analytics for Infection, Immunity & Inflammation is hosted by Systems Immunity Research Institute (SIURI), British Society for Immunology (BSI) and the College of Biomedical Sciences.
It is a full-day workshop (9:00-5:00). Buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please click here to register for this free event. The workshop is taking place at the Cardiff University Brain Imaging Centre.
- Dr. Francesca Ciccarelli (The Francis Crick Institute) – Immune abnormalities in the onset of multiple bowel cancer
- Dr. Michael R. Barnes (Centre for Translational Bioinformatics, Queen Mary University of London) – A common infrastructure for endotype discovery and stratification of biologic response in Immune-Inflammatory diseases
- Prof. Jon Timmis (Department of Electronics, University of York) – An interdisciplinary adventure between engineering and immunology
- Prof. Tom Freeman (The Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh) – Systems level modeling of immune pathways
- Dr. Tzachi Hagai (The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Teichmann lab) – The evolutionary architecture of cell-autonomous immunity
- Dr. Katrina Lythgoe (Department of Zoology, University of Oxford) – Within-host metapopulation dynamics of HIV
- Prof. Andrew K. Sewell (Division of Infection and Immunity, Cardiff University) – The systems view of T-cell immunity
- Dr. You Zhou (Division of Infection and Immunity, Cardiff University) – Translating big data into pathogenesis and diagnosis of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
To be confirmed:
- Prof. Martin C. J. Maiden (Department of Zoology, University of Oxford) Multilocus approaches to studying metabolic processes and immunological interactions of bacterial pathogens