The University of Edinburgh Centre for Inflammation Research and the British Society for Immunology's Inflammation Affinity Group and Edinburgh Immunology Group are pleased to bring you ‘Inflammation: from initiation to restoration’ on 24–26 April 2019 at the John McIntyre Conference Centre in Edinburgh.
This meeting examines the role of inflammation in causing tissue damage and the loss of tissue homeostasis, through modulation of the immune system by inflammatory processes, and into the repair and regeneration of tissue and resolution of inflammation.
The first day of the meeting (Wednesday 24 April) is reserved for early career researchers to present their work. The main meeting programme will commence at 09:30 on Thursday 25 April and finish at 12:30 on Friday 26 April. The full programme for the event will be published shortly, but confirmed speakers include:
- Trian Chiavakis (Technische Universität Dresden)
- Margaret Frame (University of Edinburgh)
- Douglas Green (St.Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Memphis)
- Tracy Hussell (The University of Manchester)
- Minsoo Kim (University of Rochester)
- Eicke Latz (University of Bonn)
- Claudia Mauri (University College London)
- Luke O’Neill (Trinity College Dublin)
- Gwen Randolph (Washington University)
- Kodi Ravichandran (University of Virginia/VIB)
- Alison Simmons (University of Oxford)
- Will Wood (University of Edinburgh)
Delegates are invited to submit abstracts for the opportunity to communicate their work as an oral or poster presentation. Early career researchers (Masters students, PhD students, postdocs) are invited to submit to the first ECR day in particular.
Abstracts of a maximum of 300 words should be submitted via our Google Docs form. The abstract submission deadline is 18 February 2019.
Online registration is now open. Please register early to avoid disappointment. BSI members benefit from reduced registration fees. If you are not already a BSI member, we have a number of registration options that allow you to join the Society. BSI membership provides you with many benefits that can help you progress your career. You can find a full list of registration fees and register online here.
If you would like to enquire about sponsorship opportunities, please email Jane Sessenwein.