This meeting is run by the BSI Wessex Regional Group.
Immunologists across the Wessex Region and the United Kingdom that are interested in predictive immunology, ranging from the development of new bio-markers to personalised medicine using genomics and "ex vivo" generated cell-based therapies. This meeting will continue from our previous events and act as a catalyst for immunologists from across the region to gather and discuss the latest cutting edge immunological research through presentations by internationally recognised researchers combined with poster and oral presentations by early career researchers.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Prof Sarah Ennis (University of Southampton): “Next Generation Sequencing and Clinical Diagnosis”
- Prof Julian Knight (University of Oxford): “-omics and the individual immune response“
- Prof Ken Smith (University of Cambridge): "The biology of outcome in immune-mediated disease: genomics, genetics and a prognostic test"
- Dr Rebecca Sims (Cardiff University): ''The genetic architecture of Alzheimer's Disease''
- Dr Ben Hall (MRC Cancer Unit, University of Cambridge): “Controlling cell behaviour through osmoregulation in cancer stromal cells”
The previous events have been hugely successful, drawing researchers from across our region and beyond, ranging from undergraduate student level to directors of institutes.
The meeting is free but you need to register for catering purposes. If you have special dietary requirements, please register as normal and e-mail your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org