The BSI Comparative and Veterinary Immunology Group are delighted to host a half-day online symposium on the topic 'Single-cell sequencing technologies and the immune response in different species' on Thursday 8 September 2022 from 13:00 to 17:00 BST.
Until recently, high-throughput analysis of single cells in immunology relied on polychromatic flow cytometry using fluorochrome-labelled antibodies against CD-markers and other molecules involved in immune cell function. Newly developed single-cell sequencing technologies permit analysis of the transcriptome, T and B cell receptor repertoire and chromatin accessibility.
In this half-day online event, speakers working on different species will demonstrate how they deploy these technologies to unravel the immune response. The latest developments in the field, tips and tricks, and what we can learn from single-cell sequencing for comparative immunology will be discussed.
- Professor Benjamin Dewals FRS FNRS, University of Liege, Belgium
- Dr Marie di Placido, The Pirbright Institute, UK
- Dr Arianne Richard, Babraham Institute, UK
- Dr Isabelle Schwartz, INRAE, France
- Dr Thien Phong Vu Manh, CIML, France
- Dr Adrian L. Smith, University of Oxford, UK