Join us at our new ‘Transforming the immunology landscape’ event which features an exciting line-up of world-class and influential speakers to celebrate and discuss the current and future impact of immunology within the wider life sciences sector, alongside exceptional networking opportunities. This event will be a celebration of immunology within the wider life sciences sector and will feature the inaugural BSI Immunology Awards Ceremony. View the programme here.
Why should you attend?
- Be part of our community. Build your network and meet with leaders from across the spectrum of immunology research and application
- Be part of the discussion. Get involved with conversations on the future opportunities for immunology
- Be part of the celebration. Join us to champion and recognise the hugely significant positive impact of immunology on human and animal health
Please follow @britsocimm and @bsicongress on Twitter and check the event hashtag #BSIImmunologyAwards for updates.
'Transforming the immunology landscape' is principally sponsored by The Kennedy Trust and supported by Mabtech.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact our Head of Events & Conferences, Jane Sessenwein, at email@example.com.
13:00 – 14:00 – Registration and refreshments
14:00 – 16:00 – Presentations and panel discussion with Q&A on 'Delivering on opportunities and addressing the challenges in UK life sciences'
- Fiona Fox, Chief Executive, Science Media Centre
- Professor Tracy Hussell, President of British Society for Immunology and Director of the Lydia Becker Institute of Immunology and Inflammation, University of Manchester
- Lynn Laidlaw, Patient and public contributor and patient researcher
- Dr Stephen Oakeshott, Head of Infections and Immunity, Medical Research Council
16:00 – 16:45 – Networking and refreshments
16:45 – 17:30 – Keynote address: Dr Melanie Lee, Chief Executive Officer, LifeArc
17:30 – 20:00 – BSI Immunology Awards networking reception and ceremony
The winners of the inaugural BSI Immunology Awards will be announced, and throughout the evening there will be lots of networking opportunities. Here you can see the finalists for six award categories.
The BSI Immunology Awards are a celebration of remarkable achievements revolutionising the field of immunology. They recognise exceptional individuals delivering positive outcomes for health in a variety of ways, including at different career stages and sectors.
BSI Early Career Research Excellence Award
BSI Immunology Research Excellence Award
BSI Outstanding Team Award
BSI Diversity and Inclusion Award
BSI Immunology Teaching Excellence Award
BSI Public Engagement Award
BSI Outstanding Leadership Award*
BSI Outstanding Ambassador for Immunology Award*
Outstanding Contribution to the BSI Award*
Please note, there are three categories* for which a shortlist won’t be released, including the BSI Outstanding Leadership Award for which we have decided not to release a shortlist or announce any winners this year due to the overall lack of diverse representation in the submissions received – click here to find out more about the selection process.
Registration is now open! Click here to register.
- Full BSI Member: £48
- BSI Member – all other membership categories: £30
- All non-members: £60
BSI members also benefit from discounts on fees for other BSI events and valuable training courses, as well as free access to our journals, grants, career development activities and much more. You can sign up to become a member online.