Together with VALIDATE, the British Society for Immunology is hosting an open scientific conference on 'Vaccine Development for Neglected Intracellular Pathogens' on Wednesday 2 October (afternoon) and Thursday 3 October (full day) at The Drum at Wembley, London.
The conference is open to anyone interested in vaccine R&D for our focus pathogens. It will include presentations by keynote speakers and researchers in the field, a poster session with networking reception and a conference dinner.
The talks will be grouped around three sessions: ‘Tissue-specific immunity, host-pathogen interactions, macrophages and the microenvironment’, ‘Biomarkers’ (including omics and Big Data) and ‘Latest vaccine developments’.
Keynote speakers include:
- Prof Clare Lloyd (Imperial College London)
- Dr January Weiner (Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology)
- Prof Stephen Gordon (University College Dublin)
- Assoc Prof Paul Brett (University of Nevada, Reno)
- Prof Mark Hatherill (University of Cape Town)
You can download the conference programme here.
1. BSI and/or VALIDATE members:
a. Non-industry members:
i. LMIC members – free
ii. Non-LMIC members - £50
b. Industry members - £75
2. Non-members of BSI or VALIDATE - £100
You can join the BSI online - membership provides many benefits to help you progress your career.
You can find out more about the benefits of VALIDATE membership here.