The British Society for Immunology (BSI) is delighted to offer special travel awards of up to £250 to BSI members wishing to attend the BSI Annual Congress taking place on 4-7 December 2017 in Brighton, UK. Please read the information below and contained on the application form carefully.
This award scheme is kindly sponsored by Miltenyi Biotec.
The deadline for applications to this grant scheme is midday, 6 October 2017. Any applications received after this time cannot be accepted.
The maximum amount awarded through this grant scheme is £250.
How to apply
- Applicants need to be a member of the BSI prior to the closing date of the travel award round applied to
- All applicants must to be in good standing with their annual membership subscriptions when applying and receiving travel awards
- Applicants must not have received one of the following BSI Travel Awards/Bursaries in the 12 months before the closing date of this grant round: BSI Travel Award, BSI Congress 2016 Bursary, Special Bursaries ie Summer School, UK PIN
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for support
Terms and conditions
- Applicants need to provide an abstract that has been submitted to the 2017 BSI Congress to demonstrate active participation. In the case of funding for a visit, a full itinerary should be given.
- All applications must be countersigned by the Head of Department/Supervisor or, for students, their immediate superior who in doing this is granting permission for the proposed activity
- A letter of support from the Head of Department/Supervisor is essential
- It should be noted that awards made under this scheme are not intended to cover the full cost of the proposed activity. Applicants are encouraged to obtain additional funding from elsewhere
- The Grants Panel’s decision is final and not subject to appeal.
- You will be required to acknowledge the British Society for Immunology for their financial support on your poster and/or oral presentation as well as displaying the Society’s logo. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for this
- Successful recipients are required to submit the following within one month after the meeting:
- A meeting report and/or photos if possible on activities carried out with the support of the awards which can be used for our newsletter feature or on our website. This should be submitted to email@example.com
- Receipts for travel, event registration, accommodation etc. up to award received
Please note that failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the Society to asking for monies awarded to be refunded and/or future applications denied.
If you have any queries about this grant scheme, please contact Sarah Green.