The British Society for Immunology is delighted to offer special travel awards of up to £250 to BSI members wishing to attend the BSI Congress 2019 taking place on 2-5 December 2019 in Liverpool, UK.
The deadline for applications to this grant scheme is Friday 11 October 2019. Any applications received after this time cannot be accepted.
The maximum amount awarded through this grant scheme is £250.
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants need to be a fully paid up member of the BSI prior to the closing date of the travel award round applied to
- All applicants must to be in good standing with their annual membership subscriptions when applying and receiving travel award
- Applicants must not have received one of the following BSI Travel Awards/Bursaries in the 12 months before the closing date of this grant round: BSI Travel Award or Special Bursaries
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for support
How to apply
Please email a completed application form and your submitted abstract to Sarah Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants need to confirm that they have submitted an abstract to the Congress via www.bsicongress.com by providing their abstract ID number
- All applications must be countersigned by the Head of Department/Supervisor or, for students, their immediate superior who in doing this is granting permission for the proposed activity
- A letter of support from the Head of Department/Supervisor is essential
- It should be noted that awards made under this scheme are not intended to cover the full cost of the proposed activity. Applicants are encouraged to obtain additional funding from elsewhere
- The Grants Panel’s decision is final and not subject to appeal.
- You will be required to acknowledge the British Society for Immunology for their financial support on your poster and/or oral presentation as well as displaying the Society’s logo. Please email email@example.com for this
- Successful recipients are required to submit the following within one month after the meeting:
- A meeting report and/or photos if possible on activities carried out with the support of the awards which can be used for our newsletter feature or on our website. This should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receipts for travel, event registration, accommodation etc. up to award received
- Proof of Registration to be received before award paid
- The BSI will pay all successful awards directly to your bank account
Please note that failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the Society to asking for monies awarded to be refunded and/or future applications denied.
If you have any queries about this award scheme, please email our Membership Manager, Sarah Green.