Following our recent elections for upcoming vacancies on the BSI’s Board of Trustees and Forum, the BSI would like to offer our warm congratulations to the following successful candidates.
- Professor Allan Mowat (University of Glasgow) has been re-elected for a second term as a General Trustee. He will commence this term of office in July 2019.
- Professor Deborah Dunn-Walters (University of Surrey) will join the BSI as a General Trustee. She will commence her term of office in July 2019.
- Professor Colin Dayan (Cardiff University) has been elected as our new Clinical Secretary to the Board of Trustees. He will commence his term of office in January 2020.
- Dr Faith Uwadiae (Francis Crick Institute) will join the BSI Forum as an Early Career Representative, commencing June 2019.
- Dr Federica Villanova (Miltenyi Biotec Limited) will join the BSI Forum as an Industry Representative, commencing June 2019.
If you would like to find out more about the successful candidates, you can read their full candidate statements and find out more about how they plan to represent your interests in the members' area of our website (you will need to log in to access this webpage).
The turnout for these elections was almost 20% of the BSI membership. All of the above posts were contested by more than one candidate and we would like to pass on our huge thanks to all the other BSI members who stood for election.
The British Society for Immunology is here to represent all immunologists working in science, healthcare and industry. Our committees are vital in leading our work, making numerous decisions about how the Society is run, what activities we focus on and what support we provide to members. We look forward to working with all our new committee members in the coming months to forward the Society’s mission to promote excellence in immunology research, scholarship and clinical practice to improve human and animal health.