The British Society for Immunology is proud to publish a new vaccination guide on COVID-19 vaccines for the public. This resource explains how vaccines work and answers common questions and concerns and provides up-to-date information on the current approved COVID-19 vaccinations in the UK.
We know that the public may have specific questions regarding COVID-19 vaccines and that’s why we have created a free, easy to read guide on vaccinations for COVID-19 suitable for a public audience.
We'd like to encourage our members and the immunology community to download and share this guide.
- What are COVID-19 vaccines made of?
- Do I need two doses of the vaccine?
- After COVID-19 vaccination, can I still pass the SARS-CoV-2 virus on to others?
- How have the COVID-19 vaccines been developed so quickly without compromising safety?
- Specific information about Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccines
This guide was written in January 2021 and updated in March 2021 as new information became available. It is accurate at the time of publishing. Information will be updated further as it becomes available.