Following our recent call for nominations and elections for upcoming vacancies on the BSI Board of Trustees, Forum and Congress Committee, we would like to offer our warm congratulations to the following successful candidates:
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Dr Fiona Culley (Imperial College London) – reelected unopposed as Treasurer, commencing July 2021
FORUM – all posts commencing July 2021
- Dr Simone Cuff (University of Cardiff) – Wales Representative
- Dr Edoardo Prediletto (Queen Mary University of London) – Early Career Representative
CONGRESS COMMITTEE – all posts commencing December 2021
- Dr Laura Rivino (University of Bristol) – General Member
- Dr Helen McGettrick (University of Birmingham) – General Member
- Dr Henry McSorley (University of Dundee) – General Member
- Dr James Thaventhiran (Cambridge University Hospitals) – Clinical Representative
- Dr Daniel O'Connor (University of Oxford) – Early Career Representative
Find out more about the successful candidates and how they plan to represent your interests by reading their full statements in the members' area of our website (you will need to log in to access this webpage).
The turnout for these elections was over 12% of the BSI membership, with all except one of the posts contested by more than one candidate. We would like to pass on our huge thanks to all the other BSI members who stood for election.
The British Society for Immunology is here to represent all immunologists working in science, healthcare, and industry. Our committees are vital in leading our work, making numerous decisions about how the Society is run, what activities we focus on, and what support we provide to members. We look forward to working with all our new committee members in the coming months to forward the Society’s mission to promote excellence in immunology research, scholarship and clinical practice to improve human and animal health.