Following our recent call for nominations and elections for upcoming vacancies on our Board of Trustees, Member Representative Forum and Congress Committee, we would like to offer our warm congratulations to the following successful candidates:
BSI BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Professor Deborah Dunn-Walters, University of Surrey – General Trustee (starting July 2023)
- Dr Divya Shah, Wellcome Trust – General Trustee (starting July 2023)
- Professor Jessica Strid, Imperial College London – General Trustee (starting July 2023)
BSI MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE FORUM
- Dr Anna Andrusaite, University Of Glasgow – Early Career Representative (starting July 2023)
- Jhanna Kryukova, University of Oxford – PhD Representative (starting July 2023)
- Chloe Pyle, Virtus Respiratory Research – Industry Representative (starting July 2023)
BSI CONGRESS COMMITTEE
- Dr Edith Hessel, Relation Therapeutics – General Member (starting July 2023)
Find out more about the successful candidates and how they plan to represent your interests by reading their full statements in the members' area of our website (you will need to log in to access this webpage).
A big thank you to all members who voted resulting in a turnout of almost 15% of the BSI membership. Of the roles up for nomination this year, five went to elections by our membership and one was appointed uncontested. The BSI Congress Committee vacancies are elected by the CEO and Congress Secretary to complement the existing expertise on the committee and due to this, only one role was appointed this year. We would like to pass on our huge thanks to all the other BSI members who stood for election.
The British Society for Immunology is here to represent all immunologists working in science, healthcare, and industry. Our committees are vital in leading our work, making numerous decisions about how the Society is run, what activities we focus on, and what support we provide to members. We look forward to working with all our new committee members in the coming months to forward the Society’s mission to support our immunology community in driving scientific discovery and making a positive impact on health.