The British Society for Immunology (BSI) is delighted to have a partnership with the Association of Clinical Pathologists (ACP) to run clinical immunology training days aimed at medical trainees in immunology and allergy, and immunology clinical scientists preparing to sit the ACICE and /or FRCPath Immunology examinations.
This partnership will take forward the highly successful training scheme, previously run by the ACP, to provide specific educational and networking opportunities for the next generation of specialty clinicians, biomedical scientists and clinical scientists. By working together, the ACP and BSI will ensure the continuous delivery of these training sessions which are highly valued by participants and their associated Deaneries and have been specifically recognised as significantly valuable for training by the GMC in its Small Specialty Review 2017/18. Through these training events, both of our organisations are committed to help create a new generation of immunology-aware and informed clinicians and clinical scientists across the NHS to improve the care and treatment of patients with immune-mediated disease.
In 2022 we have the following events coming up:
- The next clinical immunology training days will be on Tuesday 5 July and Wednesday 6 July. These virtual sessions will be led by Dr Andrew Whyte and a range of other expert colleagues from Universities Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust.
- There will be a clinical immunology training day in Sheffield on Thursday 8 and Friday 9 September. This will be a face to face event. Details of the programme and venue will be announced soon.
To register, you need to meet the following criteria:
- be an ACP or BSI member. If you are not a member of either organisation and you meet the other criteria, you can register for the small fee of £50 per session and
- be a clinical immunology trainee/ specialist registrar or
- be an allergy trainee/specialist registrar or
- be a clinical scientist (immunology) or
- be a biomedical scientist (immunology) and
- intend to sit the FRCPath immunology examination
Please send completed registration forms by email to email@example.com or by post to ACP, 189 Dyke Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 1TL