Dendritic cells and monocytes/macrophages are key players in the innate immune system, often with opposing roles in driving inflammation, activation of the adaptive immune system but also tolerance and tissue homeostasis.
This two-day meeting will bring together speakers with expertise in the different disciplines and species that advance this field. Delegates are invited to submit abstracts for posters and invited talks, making this meeting an excellent platform for early career researchers.
The meeting is organised by the BSI Comparative and Veterinary Immunology Group (CVIG), in conjunction with the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) and the UK Veterinary Vaccinology Network (UK VVN).
Please follow @bsicongress and @compvetimm on Twitter and check the event hashtag #ComparativeImmunology2023 for updates.
|Dr Nicolas Bertho, ONIRIS, France||Porcine dendritic cells and macrophages populations|
|Professor Siamon Gordon, University of Oxford, UK||Of Mice and Men: The mononuclear phagocyte system, past and present|
|Dr Naomi McGovern, University of Cambridge, UK||Placenta macrophage ontogeny and function|
|Dr Elodie Segura, Centre for Immunotherapy of Institut Curie, France||Functional specialization of human tonsil macrophages is controlled by both cell-intrinsic and tissue-derived factors|
|Dr Stephanie Talker, University of Bern, Switzerland||Comparative transcriptomics to unravel DC and monocyte biology|
Abstract submission has now closed.
Social event – Ceileidh
We are delighted to invite you to a social event including food, drinks and entertainment which is taking place after the first day of the meeting on Wednesday 22 March. The details are below. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. You will have the option to select whether you’d like to attend during the registration process.
- 20:00 – 21:00: Arrival and buffet in the Charter Suite, Surgeons Quarter (situated at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, on Nicolson Street)
- 21:00 – 23:00: Ceilidh in the Deacon Suite, Surgeons Quarter (upstairs from the Charter Suite) where we will have chairs around the outside of the room to allow maximum space for dancing!
- 23:00: Ceilidh band finishes and the evening ends
Registration is now open! Click here to register. Special rates have been negotiated at selected hotels near the conference venue, please scroll down for more details.
If one of the following categories apply to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code prior to registering. For BSI members in the Early Career/Clinician in training, Postgraduate or Senior categories, your discount will be applied automatically if you are logged in to your account.
- Member - discounted membership/rate
- Non-member - Postgraduate
- Non-member - Discounted
|Early Career/Clinician in training (read the criteria)||£75||£115|
|Postgraduate (anyone studying a PhD or Masters)||£45||£80*|
|Senior (Retired) (read the criteria)||-||£80*|
|Discounted membership/rate (read the criteria)||£45*||£80*|
|Undergraduate (membership is free)||£25||-|
*If this fee applies to you, please contact email@example.com for a discount code prior to registering.
We have enlisted the support of the company Reservation Highway to arrange specially negotiated rates at selected hotels for conference delegates. Please visit their website and enter the dates of the conference (21–22 March) to show the available hotels and prices.
Rooms and rates will only be guaranteed until Tuesday 28 February so we encourage delegates to book their accommodation as soon as possible.
BSI grants to support your attendance at this event
As part of our career development package, we have two grants available to BSI members to support your attendance at this event.
- BSI Regional & Affinity Group Conference Grants: BSI members can apply for up to £200 to contribute towards their travel costs in attending this conference. In this scheme, we have 10 grants available for this conference and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis to eligible BSI members. Deadline: Wednesday 1 March. Find out more and apply.
- BSI Regional & Affinity Group Carers' Grants: BSI members can apply for up to £200 to contribute towards extra care arrangements costs they incur during the conference, for example, childcare costs, or for additional care for the applicant themselves. Deadline: Wednesday 1 March. Find out more and apply.
Thank you to our sponsors who are supporting this event
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact our Head of Events & Conferences, Jane Sessenwein, at firstname.lastname@example.org.